Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Hard


If you were wondering "When does winter start in Raleigh, NC?",  this year winter started on November 23, 2015! We woke up and it was winter. Just like that. Saturday, the day of the Christmas Parade, it was genuinely lovely. If I had attended, I would have been warm and happy and stayed for the whole event, that due to the lovely sunshine, would have photographed beautifully. In other years I have left early because I could no longer feel my lower extremities.

I can't really complain because it got to be winter in November, I mean, who knew? November is not supposed to be balmy and warm. Its supposed to be cold, not miserably cold ( see Jan-March), but cold enough you know it's winter and the plants die back. My plants have not died back and no one has known it was winter. It was.

If things stay this way, I'm going to have to do something about my plants that are still in the ground and end the season for them. The elephant ears need attention and I'll need to decide if they are going to stay where they are but with  multiple levels of mulch or of they are going to spend the winter in the basement. The one I did that with survived, but took a really long time to gets its grove back in the spring. Possibly should have started to think about this before now.

This is why I don't get anything done. And yes, I am wearing a coat, it's comfortable! and I forgot I was wearing it. It's the dogs fault I get nothing done. He's too warm, too cuddly and too squishy. I would get more done if he was less everything.

No comments: